Tuesday 12 June 2012

My Journey from Biotechnology Labs to Content Writing


I collected my postgraduate degree in biotechnology from my institute and landed Delhi with a dream in my eyes to grab a pharma job that can match my profile and shape up my career. But to my disappointment and my bad luck, I could not get a job even after months of job search. During my job search, I met many candidates who were post graduates in pharmacy (M.Pharma), from reputed universities, but they also found it very difficult to get the suitable Pharma jobs with the pharma companies. It is really tough to make out what the pharma companies actually want.

So after spending lot of time over internet and talking to those fellow jobseekers, I had a realization that having a degree is not enough, the companies need experience for the pharma jobs, which I was not having in my hand. But I don’t understand that how one can have experience if not started from any point! A fresher with a post graduate degree is not given that weightage. To find the best pharma jobs, you must have an M.tech or a PhD degree in the relevant subject. But actually I had not that patience to study further and wait for years for my PhD to complete and then seek a job, so I decided that let the destiny decide my career, and eventually I got placed into writing and editing jobs.

It was sheer luck and what else can I say, the job portals which have come out as the best job providing solutions. I uploaded my resume on the job portals of India such as Naukri.com, Monsterindia.com, Timesjobs.com and then got the lucky call from my first company.

No comments:

Post a Comment